Plug ProtoCessor Directly into Your Board!
ProtoCessors protocol translator modules enable OEM's to implement major industry protocols (using serial, Ethernet, or LonWorks) without requiring in-house protocol specialists.
In one stroke, adding a socket for the protocol translator module to the OEM's PCB increases sales by ensuring compatibility with a broad range of serial and Ethernet protocols. At the same time acheive reduced costs by eliminating the need to install unused capacity where not required.
ProtoCessors protocol translator modules also relieve engineering and marketing from committing to a single protocol and from having to maintain skills in mulitple protocols while taking advantage of the extensive library of FieldServer Technologies' protocol drivers.
ProtoCessor can provide solutions that are BTL Marked, LonMark Certified, DNP Tested and OPC Compliant giving you immediate access a larger markets.
Learn more about ProtoCessor's capabilities and how it can meet your specific needs. Request information now
The ProtoCessor FFP (Full Function ProtoCessor) protocol translator provides greater flexibility for the manufacturer making it a better solution for lower volume applications where the manufacturer needs to make more modifications to specific products or groups of products.
The ProtoCessor ASP (Application Specific ProtoCessor) protocol translator is the best solution for high-volume/cost-sensitive applications. The ProtoCessor ASP is hard-coded with the configuration but with the use of DIP switches the manufacturer can select from multiple hard-coded solutions.
- Increased Sales: OEMs can expand their market by offering the wide range of ProtoCessor protocols with very little effort.
- Reduced Costs: Iinstalled only where necessary, avoiding delivery of unnecessary capability and cost.
- Dramatically reduced NRE: No costly purchase of source code and/or significant engineering time required.
- Rapid Time-to-Market: Minimal coding and hardware demands or changes to current OEM design required.
- Minimal Impact to application hardware and software design: A single socket needs to be added to the OEM’s Design. ProtoCessor is compatible with 8/16/32 bit Microcontrollers. A single interface enables OEM to use any ProtoCessor protocol module.
- No need to develop and maintain in-house protocol support services: No need to reinvent the wheel. FieldServer Technologies has decades of experience developing their proven protocols along with extensive knowledge base and technical resources.
- Compliancy “built-in”: Full protocol compliance is assured through continuous testing and certification of the protocols through the various governing groups that set the standards.
|OEM's Host Serial Protocols||Field Protocols||Field Protocols|
|BACnet MS/TP||Allen Bradley DF1||LonWorks|
|DF1||BACnet MS/TP||Metasys N2 by JCI|
|DNP3||BACnet PTP||Modbus ASCII|
|Metasys N2 by JCI||DNP3 Serial or Ethernet||Modbus TCP|
|Your own custom Serial Driver*||JBus||And many more|
Choose any of the protocols in the first column to act as the interface between the Host System and the ProtoCessor. Then choose a protocol in the the next columns to be supported by your equipment.
For non-OEM applications please check out the full line of protocol gateways at FieldServer Technologies.
*Small NRE to port custom host protocol to the ProtoCessor Full Function and Application Specific Families
ProtoCessor's Configuration Auto-Selector is a feature not found on other products. This feature makes it easy for OEMs to select specific protocols and configurations for their applications while stocking and supplying a single component. With Configuration Auto-Selector the manufacturer can pre-load multiple predefined configurations and multiple protocols and then, using DIP switches or even a register on the OEM unit to select the proper configuration for their customer's specific needs. For further information, select the Configuration Auto-Selector to the right.